Sunday, May 1, 2016

Problems in Tunisia

As many of us know there are many problems in the Middle East. The article I read spoke of Tunisia and how it is the only democracy in that part of the world, and that they are failing miserably. There are a multitude of reasons for their implosion. The biggest one is that dozens of militants joined Isis and attacked a town called Ben Gardane. This really stuck out to me because I cannot fathom somebody doing that in the U.S. I don't understand how one can do that to their own country, but I tried to somewhat put myself in their shoes and see their point. In their heads they aren't doing anything wrong which is sad but true. Something needs to be done to stop this!

https://www.foreignaffairs.com/articles/middle-east/2016-03-17/democracy-arab-world

Pat Gallagher

No comments: