Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Prince of Pot Caught

Marc Emery, a 51 year old, has finally lost his battle against extradition for selling marijuana seeds around US via mail. He could serve up to 20 years in jail. He was arrested in 2005 and now after 5 years has appeared in court and pleaded guilty. Emery was extradited from Vancouver and will have his sentence hearing August 11th of this year. He is attempting to serve his time in Canada, but supposedly he will initially be in a US prison with a possible transfer to Canada. Emery commented saying, "I think of myself as a great Canadian. I'm proud of what I've done, and I have no regrets. I have the support of hundreds of thousands, possibly millions of Canadians." (In Canada, marijuana is illegal but rarely prosecuted)

by Jenae Harner

No comments: