Saturday, October 11, 2008

Pakistan..enough said..

Hina Latif

I can't seem to wrap my mind around the thoughts the suicide bombers have when blowing themselves up, along with other innocent people. They don't get to see the after math..so why are they doing it?????....

This article explained the details about a sucide bomb that exploded while he drove his car into a meeting that was being held by the Pakistan and Afghan boarders. The bomb hit 600 people, 27 of which were killed. The meeting was being held by tribesmen and the issue on evicting the Taliban from the area. As Tribal elder Qeemat Khan Orakzai explains, in his words, " We were discussing plans to take action against the militants when all of a sudden a man drove a car into the middle of the meeting... and then blew it up".

Since I still have many of my immediate family in Pakistan, and I was born there, it scares to even make the phone calls to relatives and asking them about the situations. In a recent call that my uncle made on friday, my uncle said that everyone has no clue what to do..people are taking their money out of banks becuase they are not sure if the government will ever give it to them if and when they need the money. I mean I can't even imagine a day where I would walk into bank of America and them not giving me my money..? A Man walked into a public building claiming to to be sellin sweets when the minute later he walked in the bomb went off..!!

No comments: