Sunday, November 20, 2016

Saudi-led coalition calls 48-hour ceasefire in war-torn Yemen

So Saudi Arabia is in Yemen? I guess I need to pay more attention to failed states, because interesting things seem to happen, like Saudi Arabia leading a coalition. Right now, they and the rebel forces are entering a 48 hour ceasefire. Ceasefires have this way of ceasing, so I hope that both forces manage to abide by it. I suppose that we are favoring the Saudis on this one, seeing as how we like oil so much. As for not getting much media attention, this year and a half conflict has been nicknamed the forgotten war due to the lack of international attention. I thought we already had one of those? A sequel with a lower budget and equal human suffering; lets hope they don't make it a trilogy.



http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/19/middleeast/yemen-saudi-ceasefire/index.html

-Clayton Bailey

No comments: