Monday, October 15, 2018

US military airstrike in Somalia kills 4 al-Shabab fighters

https://www.foxnews.com/us/us-military-airstrike-in-somalia-kills-4-al-shabab-fighters

By: Teddy Trifunovski

I chose this article because this what complete new news to me because I did not know anything about this topic until I read about it today. The US military stated that they conducted a military strike in Somalia and killed 4 al-Shabab fighters. This is a terrorist group part of al-Queda and is the biggest terrorist group in the African Nations. al-Shabab is the deadliest extremist group in sub-saharan Africa which I did not know. However, I think this is very good news for the world and the US because we are continuously going after these islamist terrorist groups. Where they have weakened greatly over the past two yeras. But, we are still continuing to complete irradicate them, and I believe until that happens, there will be a continuous effort to use airstrikes and kill these terrorists. There has been mor than two dozen airstrikes, including drone strikes on this terroist group. So hopefully our success against these terrorist groups continue so that they don't gain power ever again.

No comments: