Saturday, March 14, 2015

UK teens at Turkey-Syria boarder

            A few weeks ago I wrote about the article that explains UK teenagers left London for Turkey, and they are also believed to head for Syria. Then today, I read the article with a video clip that says the three teenagers were at Turkey-Syria boarder. According to the article, the day before they left Turkey, at least one of them contacted a woman, Aqsa Mahmood, who left Scotland for Syria in 2013, and accused her of trying to recruit others through social media. She has a blog and posted how to travel to Syria for young women to marry jihadis like she did.
            According to the article, teenagers are just 15, 16 years old (Shamima Begum, 15, Kadiza Sultana, 16, and Amira Abase, 15). I cannot unerstand why they headed for Syria and maybe join ISIS. I do not know about religion so I have no idea what it means to get married to jihadis, but I do not think joining ISIS meet that desire because I saw a lot of articles that explains Muslim people saying their religion is not like ISIS says. Teenagers have not forged their identities and easily lose their identities; I think ISIS takes advantage those weaknesses. I think we should protect young people from problems like being recruited by ISIS. Moreover, we all need to understand the concepts of every religion and not misunderstand them like the recent misunderstanding of Islam. It is really sad that lately so many anti-Islamic movements have happened all over the world.

Ryota Taniguchi

No comments: