Wednesday, October 14, 2015

U.S., Russia escalate involvement in Syria

In another development of the Syrian crisis, Vladimir Putin states that Russia's involvement in Syria is protecting the world and that Russia is making a contribution to fight terrorism. These comments by Putin make me dislike him even more, because I know he is lying. Vladimir Putin does not give a crap about protecting the world. He only wants to protect Russia, and bring Russia to the global hegemony. I cannot believe he would actually think people are naive enough to actually believe this. In the article, they mention how Russia's only reliable naval port is on the Mediterranean sea, and that Syria has bought billions of dollars worth of Russian weapons. I know he is not going to talk about this, but this is the real reason that he is in Syria. He is such a liar, and continues to lie and lie. I feel that we all know someone who will always lie even when they are caught. This is the perfect definition of Vladimir Putin. My article last wee mentioned the airstrikes that took place in the central town of Homs, and basically how Russia lied that they were fighting ISIS, but were really fighting rebel groups to the Assad regime. I laughed when I read that Russian defense ministry stated that they have targeted ISIS more than 100 times. There is no chance that I am going to believe that. I am glad that the European Union is on board with seeing right through Russia's lies. They do not even believe the explanations that Russia is giving. I was shocked to read about the amount of ammo the United States is delivering to groups to topple Assad. The United states dropped 112 pallets to rebels in northern Syria. That is a lot of ammunition that these rebel groups can use. I do not think that continuing to just give these rebel groups guns and ammo will do any good. I believe it will further lead to more deaths and destruction. The Assad regime is also dropping leaflets to citizens telling them to go to check points by the government and to leave their neighborhoods, because their neighborhoods are going to get destroyed. I cannot believe there is a leader out there who is going to cause such harm and destruction to his own people. I believe the United States should want to get the Assad regime out of power, but I am not sure if the cost is going to be worth it. I think the United States should leave Syria alone, and just focus on fighting ISIS.


Milto Deli


Link:

http://www.cnn.com/2015/10/13/middleeast/syria-civil-war/index.html

No comments: