Sunday, February 8, 2015

Russia and North Korea have an agreement as a business partner

Russia decided to cooperate with North Korea for improving their economy. The aim is to increase their trade to $1 billion a year, which is twice as much as than today. Russia is going to permit North Korean companies to create bank accounts in Russian banks. In return for it, North Korea will permit Russia to access to North Korea’s mineral mines. North Korea is also planning to ease its visa process for Russian businessmen.

               This topic is interesting for me because I did not expect that Russia approached to North Korea. Although I do not how much North Korea has natural recourses and how much North Korea could help Russian economy, if this agreement goes well, two countries relationship would be better. I do not think this agreement would encourage them to create political group or alliance, but it is interesting for me to see what will happen by this movement. I hope Russia becomes good intermediary of between other countries and North Korea, and work for renouncing of North Korea’s nuclear weapon activity in these days.


Ryota Taniguchi

No comments: