Saturday, February 21, 2015

UK teenage girls headed to Syria

            According to the article, 15-year-old Shamima Begum and other two girls left London for Turkey on Tuesday and London’s Metropolitan police think they headed to Syria. Now parts of Syria have been taken over by ISIS, and their families are extremely worried about them. The police is concerned if they are trying to head to the areas where ISIS has taken over. According to Shamima’s family, she is willing to help people who are suffering in Syria.
            After I read this article, I was very surprised because I saw some articles that young people headed to Syria to join ISIS, but as far as I know most of them are men. I do not know that the girls headed to Syria to become members of ISIS or other aims, but there is no doubt that it is very dangerous either way. These days we can see some articles related to this case, but I do not know why they are trying to join ISIS. I think we should find this out and prevent young people from leaving for Syria as soon as possible. We learned about both good and bad points of globalization in our class, but I think this case is a bad point of globalization because ISIS can easily recruit members through a lot of ways such as SNS. I think many countries should have common policies and cooperate with others to deal with this problem, not just each country has its own policy.


Ryota Taniguchi

No comments: