Saturday, January 24, 2015

One Japanese hostage of ISIS was killed


This article talks about Japanese hostages of ISIS. On Saturday, a purported image was reported that one of Japanese hostage(Mr. Yukawa) of ISIS was killed and this would be the first time to be killed Japanese people by the Islamic State. Another hostage Mr. Goto seems that he is still alive. The kidnappers demanded $200 millions as a ransom from Japan until Friday but after they killed Mr. Yukawa, they changed their demand. The new demand is to release Sajida Mubarak al-RIshawi, an imprisoned woman in Jordan for trading for Mr. Goto. The Japanese government has been trying to contact the Kidnappers.
            After I read this article, I got so sad. I do not understand why they have to kill people who are not their enemy. When I saw the article about Charlie Hebdo, of course I was thinking about this issue seriously but I sat on the sidelines. I do not know that what the Japanese government is going to handle this issue but I do not want to abandon the hostage. I do not know which choice is correct, but I hope they find the way to save him. I think the Japanese policy towards terrorism will change dramatically through this experience. The Japanese government should cooperate with other countries to deal with terrorism problem and save hostage’s life.
Ryota Taniguchi

1 comment:

Tim Mulhair said...

As far as I've been able to tell, the first Japanese hostage they took was a nutcase who went to Syria thinking he was going to join the war against Assad. The second was his more responsible friend who went looking for him to get him out of there.

Very unfortunate.

ISIS sends a message with these hostage killings - it establishes Iraq and Syria as a no-go zone for foreigners. It says your government is powerless to save you if you fall into the Islamic State's hands. Journalists, aid workers, anyone else thinking of going there for any reason - is now terrorized.

Japan the country is terrorized - it is told not to provide any financial support to the Iraqi government, lest the Islamic State humiliate it by killing hostages Japan's government has no way to save.

Their actions are terrible, but there is a reason they do them.