Thursday, September 27, 2018

Learning With: ‘Trump Hits China With Tariffs on $200 Billion in Goods, Escalating Trade War’

Learning With: ‘Trump Hits China With Tariffs on $200 Billion in Goods, Escalating Trade War’

By Teddy Trifunovski


One article that I thought was very interesting was this one that deals with President Trump hitting China with more tariffs. About $200 billion in goods. They said that, that is nearly half of all Chinese imports. I believe that this is something very important regarding the United States because this can possibly dictate whether we pay more for something that we get from China. I mean I understand President Trump's idea on this because China really have taken advantage of us on trade. I mean we are trillions and trillions of dollars in debt to them because of our trade deals. I do not believe fair trade has always gone on between the two powerful countries which is why we have such a big deficit with them. However, even though these tariffs have hurt China's economy over the past months that Trump has put tariffs on their goods. I still do not believe a resolution will be apparent anytime soon because I think they are going to continue to go back and fourth with each other and keep on placing tariffs on each other as well. Lastly, they are preparing to tax all imports from China as well. So they are really making this into a priority to create and make better trade deals so that we don't end up in such a large deficit again. Hopefully something gets resolved soon that helps both sides and their economies.

No comments: