Sunday, September 16, 2018

Trump's new stratagem toward China

Since I was living in China last year and am living in the USA now, the news between the USA and China intrigued me.
As we learned in the class, China has been developing at faster pace than no other countries have ever done before. The U.S. president Donald Trump is now spurring his administration to impose tariffs on $ 200 billon of Chinese goods. Although when will it be carried out is still unclear, Trump is taking a firm stand to execute it, saying it is necessary to punish Beijing for its unfair trade. The US invited Chinese government to resume talks in order to stop escalating trade war. China welcomed the offer, and said "The escalation of the trade conflicts doesn't benefit either side's interests." The Trump administration has already imposed 25% tariffs on $ 50 billion worth of Chinese goods, however if Trump impose another round of tariff on $267 billion of Chinese goods, those tariffs would be more than $ 500 billion, which is almost equivalent to $505 billion in good that the US imported from China last year.
When I stayed China, I saw a lot of imported commodities from the US. I didn't think they were so expensive comparing with my home country Japan. In my opinion, thereby, if the American government increase tariffs more, it might be trade bullying as China said. In any case, I hope this trade war will end for the better economy to all over the world.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/09/14/politics/trump-china-trade-war/index.html

No comments: