Saturday, October 23, 2021

10 FACTS ABOUT CHILD SOLDIERS IN SIERRA LEONE

The existence of child soldiers became known to people after the civil war of Sierra Leona. Of course, each country has a history of war, and they would have used child soldiers in their conflict. However, Sierra Leone is a representative example of the war that child soldiers were used. In this article, the author shows the top 10 facts about child soldiers in Sierra Leone. This author introduces only basic knowledge about the child soldiers of Sierra Leone, so these were not new for me, but I found a new perspective when I read this article. It is the drug deal and the drug industry. As this article says, children were often forced to use drugs such as marijuana or crack cocaine to enable them to commit violence. I read this article and re-recognized the facts. I thought about why so many drugs were used in the war of Sierra Leone despite being a poor country. Or would it have been possible to buy in a large number of drugs and use them in the war because the government is not functioning? I don’t think that the condition of war improved even if the drugs were not used, but I expect some changes should have happened. My interest is child soldiers, so I always tried to find the articles regarding it, but it actually connects to not only the drug industry and drug deals but also the dark munitions industry. For the next blog entry, I would like to focus on these facts.

https://borgenproject.org/10-facts-about-child-soldiers-in-sierra-leone/

Nanami Kanda



No comments: