Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Jack Moran - Nikolas Cruz pleads guilty to murder charges and apologizes for Parkland high school massacre

 https://www.cnn.com/2021/10/20/us/nikolas-cruz-parkland-shooting-guilty/index.html


Jack Moran


Early Wednesday morning Nikolas Cruz pleaded guilty to 17 counts of murder and 17 counts of attempted murder of the students at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in February 2018. Cruz is 23 and will face a minimum of life in prison and could face the death penalty. According to the article, the prosecutors say they will be going for the death penalty. 


In the courtroom, Cruz was wearing a very business casual dress shirt with a vest along with eith very bulky-looking glasses. Cruz answered all questions with a "yes ma'am" or "No ma'am", and even told the judge "I know what is going on". Cruz also said he had been experiencing depression and anxiety in the courtroom but was able to proceed. After pleading guilty Cruz read an apology he wrote to the victims. Cruz says "I am very sorry for what I did, I don't care if you believe me, I know you won't believe me". He then goes on to say he thinks his right t live or die should be in the hands of his vicitms.


No comments: