Thursday, March 18, 2021

E.U. unveils vaccine passport plan to enable summer travel

I decided to give China and Hong Kong a break lol. In this article, authors Rick Noack and Quentin Aries write about how countries in the EU are gearing up to allow travelers back within their territories, granted, they can prove they're vaccinated. In recent domestic policy, we can see that states like Texas are re-opening completely and lifting mask mandates. In Chicago, Mayor Lightfoot is allowing vendors to prepare for larger populated gatherings - specifics unknown to me. Nonetheless, it appears that the world is starting to transition to go back to normal. The authors also write about how tourism plays a huge role in Greece and Spain's GDP. Here, in the US, one of the main concerns that our previous presidential administration had was our economy. I think the way these concerns, however, were incredibly short-sighted. Yes, we can try to float with stimulus checks and disregard expert healthcare advice but has this really helped our economy? I would argue no but, of course, I'm no economist. My point is I'm glad the world is starting to transition to normalcy and that such transition requires vaccinations. I can't wait until we can see the day where we can live our lives like 'normal' again.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/europe/vaccine-passports-europe-travel/2021/03/17/65d645d4-8672-11eb-be4a-24b89f616f2c_story.html

- Jake T. Domingo - Blog post #7


No comments: