Thursday, February 3, 2022

Anti-Vaccine Protest in Canada Spurs Outrage (Madison Vermeland)

 https://www.usnews.com/news/world/articles/2022-02-01/anti-vaccine-protest-in-canada-spurs-outrage 

Truckers in Canada have been starting to hot protests because they do not agree with the vaccine. I think that this a great way to protest because it is not harmful in any way. I also agree with why they are protesting. Vaccines should be mandatory if people do not want them, I think that is absurd. 

Some of the protesters happened to get a little out of hand and that is not assertable.  I just think that as long as people are protesting in their trucks that's fine but some of the other things that they did is not acceptable. I do not feel comfortable with sharing what exactly they did, it is just un called for. 

Even some supporters in the United States have shown support for this. Vaccines should not be mandated, all of this is personal choice, nothing should be forced. Things being forced will just cause things to get worse and I unfortunately think that some people in the United States don't understand that. 

I understand that these trucks could be blocking certain things in order for people to continue to be productive but overall, they are just protesting and standing up for what they believe in. Now it was said in the article that some people have damaged some monuments and that is just not right but unfortunately if the vaccine mandate keeps going on then I feel like this isn't going to stop. 

Overall, they are just trying to send a message and I think it is a unique way to do this other than fully damaging things. 

Madison Vermeland

No comments: