Thursday, February 3, 2022

"The Deadly Battles that Tipped Myanmar into Civil War"

 Link: https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-60144957


Megan Campion


This weeks blog post I decided to write about an article I found titled “The deadly battles that tipped Myanmar into civil war” by Soe Win, Ko Ko Aung, and Nassos Stylianou. I see news coverage on Ukraine and Russia all over the news, but after reading this article, I wonder why I haven’t seen information on Myanmar till now. The article talks about the battles going on between the military and the civilians of Myanmar. It is spreading and there are more deaths from these conflicts everyday. In the article, it shows a timeline and map of Myanmar over the course of about 6-7 months. There are over 12,000 deaths so far as of February 1st 2022. Due to the battles in Myanmar and the Civil War getting worse, children can’t go to school because the economy is getting worse. Young children are joining in on protests that are turning violent. They are also joining civilian militia groups. I can’t even imagine what they are going through. There are young adults like me, and some even younger than me, that are getting killed. It saddens me to see and read what is happening but this is what is happening on in the world. I picked this article because I want more people to know about this situation. I know I did not know what was going on until I read this article. The pictures in this article are very interesting as well. There are graphs and there are pictures of cities, people, and more. There is also a video that shows what is happening. 

No comments: